Saturday, February 2, 2008

President Hinckley's Funeral


Holly,(my older sister who is pregnant with a boy!)and I had the opportunity of going to the Prophet's funeral this morning. Thanks Mom & Dad for the tickets. Being in the choir definitely has some perks.
The funeral was wonderful. I'm sure most of you watched it on TV (or have it Tivo'd). It seemed that each person who spoke had a funny story about him. He was definitely a man with a great sense of humor. I loved the story of him telling a group of suit wearing general authorities that they looked like a bunch of penguins:) He will be sorely missed. Thomas S. Monson has such huge shoes to fill. I'm sure he'll be great though.
As sad as it was to see them take President Hinckley's casket away, it was comforting to know that his spirit and legacy will continue to touch our lives forever. He's in a better place now with his adorable wife and millions of people that can't wait to shake his hand. I hope he finds Bryce and gives him a big hug.

1 comment:

trent and rach henderson... said...

Steff
We miss you guys! Looks like other than your 2 year old growing a beard everything is good?! I saw our mamma on TV during the funeral. Your so lucky you got to be there in person! How exciting your sister is having a Boy! Your Next! XOXO
Rach