Thursday, July 1, 2010

Girl's Camp

I only went to Girl's camp for one day last year since I had a nursing baby. I had no excuses this year so I went to camp; first time back since 1998....wow. Despite the cold, we had a great time. I've decided I'd just post my journal entries.
Day 1
*Angela and I were hyper. We made "jacket beards" and a double headed pancho person.
*Skits were fun. We leaders laughed so hard our stomach's hurt. Ang L. and Heather came out as the cool cheerleaders and Ang S and I came out as the huge nerds. "Chess club, protractor, light sabers, Star Trek". Tazia, Elise, Bro. Cline and the bishop did a SNL skit and sang the "Doo Doo Doo Doo" song. The men were dressed up as women and it was hilarious...especially when Bro. Cline's boob fell out.
*It was COLD! Our late night snipe hunt was interupted by rain, snow & wind. Our tents were igoos and the girls were up all night "knocking" on our tent door. Someone threw up. The wind was CRAZY and I was outside re-staking the girls' tent around 2:30 am. I gave away my outer sleeping bag and froze from then on. Luckily, it helped the girls. Dad sent me with a bunch of hand warmers and it saved some girls from freezing. After a couple prayers, some songs, and a warmer, safer tent were in place, the girls felt better and our prayers were answered a few minutes later when the wind died down.







Day 2
*Breakfast was fun. The bishop and I fried everything in the bacon grease. We coated eggs in batter, bacon, granola bars and fruitsnacks and fried them all! The deep fried egg was actually yummy.
*Steph & I started off the day by taking puked on sleeping bag, blanket and jackets in the freezing stream and cleaning them off with rubber gloves and a toilet brush.
*The men brought pistols, hand guns and rifles. We all went out and shot them. It was SO loud and so fun.
*After certification and lunch packing, we headed to Manti for the 'Mormon Miracle Pageant'. It was cool...but cold :) It told the story of Joseph Smith, Moroni, and the Pioneers fabulously. While waiting for the play to start, we played Ninja, Ducky Wucky and White Elephant in a field accross the street. We took cool pictures of the whole group in a pyramid...but I've got to get those pics from Ang. The drive home was long and we were tired. We got home after 2 am, and after only getting about 3 hours of sleep the night before, it was rough. The bishop missed the turn off to the dirt road...extra 20 minutes. We stopped at the Mammoth site...20 more. :)





*We froze that night...and apparantly I snored!
Day 3
*We slept in!
*We took a walk over to the woods, had a little devotional and gave the girls some time to segregate and have a little "meditation". It was really nice and good for everyone.
*Our guests arrived and we made cards/awards and talked.
*Dinner was yummy and we got Costco cupcakes!!
*Testimony meeting was great and all the girls agreed that the storm on the first night actually was a testimony builder for them and a way for them to bond with eachother.
*I got my sleeping bag back and was warm!






Day 4
*We took down camp and went home!!!

2 comments:

aclark said...

I'm so jealous! Jk, but you really would be the best leader to have at camp!!

The Pedersen Haus said...

I love looking at your camp pics pics(mostly the ones of Cadence)! Did you miss me being high on pain killers this year??? I'm sure Cadence was relieved I wasn't there.