Friday, December 9, 2011

Our Christmas Trees




Our family room Christmas tree is beautiful. It has a "red, white & green" theme. Our Christmas tree in the basement is the MOST beautiful. It doesn't have a color scheme, but it's full of EVERY ornament I've collected since I was a baby. It also has ornaments for each of our children, and ornaments that Nic and I have collected together. The ornaments you'll find the most of though, are the ornaments from my Grandma and Grandpa Nicolaysen (Mom's parents). Every year since I was 9, they've sent everyone a little wooden ornament, cut and painted so cute, to represent a special time in their lives. My aunt Gerry makes all the ornaments (she has to make hundreds each year). Even my kids get one. They've sent cruise ships, temples, Taco Bells, soldiers, camp fires and tons more. They also send a cardstock paper with a picture of the ornament and its significance. I have a giant stack of them. My girls have loved hearing all the stories about the ornaments. We look forward to getting our ornaments each year and are very greatful to my grandparents for this beautiful gift.

1 comment:

Melanie said...

I certainly missed being part of that tree decorating this year. It is definitely a wonderful memory tree for you. It looks beautiful!
Lyle and I even had fun reminiscing about each ornament as we decorated our 'family' tree this year! Maybe Nic wants all of his ornaments?? (He doesn't have that many.