Monday, July 6, 2009

I celebrated with a heart attack

We went to Idaho for the 4th of July this year. The Soda Springs annual 5K run was the reason for our journey north. The race was dedicated to Robert Clark this year, Nic's uncle who passed away in February. He and his wife and daughters LOVED running together and he helped out with the high school cross country team. It seemed like the whole town was running. Almost all the Clarks participated in the race. Nic's dad, aka. Papa, even flew in from Ohio to participate. Nic and I were pretty nervous about running over 3 miles considering our lack of training, but I think we both did pretty well. I just might have been blessed with the gift of running....unfortunately, I don't like running. I made sure I finished in good time, but I seriously thought I was having a heart attack for about 10 minutes after the race. Ash- make me run more! So here are some pictures from the race (thanks to Ashley for taking them).






After the race, we went to the parade and scored some SERIOUS candy. After that, we hung out at the carnival, then had a BBQ at Sue's house. It was a fun day. And get a load of the girls' 4th of July outfits? What do you think!?


11 comments:

Melissa said...

ok...first things first...Camryn hands down her swimming suit is so classic and their little pillowcase dresses...did you make them or get them from a boutique? They are adorable! Lastly, thank goodness you have been blessed with running...thinking about it makes me want to throw up!

Melissa said...

Nevermind..It's Brooklyn, although I'm sure Camryn would do the same thing :)

Unknown said...

Melis- yes, they both spend alot of time with hands down their pants. Yes, those trash bag dresses were made by yours truly. And don't worry- I still want to throw up when I think about being in a race.

the fellers said...

ok, three things...i LOVE their dresses....SO Cute...and Brooklyn's hand down her swim bottoms...haha, and Camryn's scratches all over her leg...poor thing! They are all so cute!

Unknown said...

Stef- I always feel like that when I run too... I guess I don't do it enough! Their outfits are to die for they are all so dang cute. Let's go to the park one day asap!

Aves said...

I heart their 4th of July outfits! they are about as cute as it gets! PS loved the videos too, the spitting cracked me up!

Matt & Katie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Matt & Katie said...

We wish we could have been there, not to actually run, but just to be a part of the whole event, it's been really hard to miss out on pretty much everything. I do love, however, that Coor's Light sponsored the race. Just doing their part to keep people healthy. Soda always knows how to keep it classy!

The Hilton Family~ said...

Way to go Steff! That is so awesome. I love the girls darling outfits...so cute:)

Natalie and Spencer said...

Way to go on the race D and those outfits are amazingly cute, good work!

michelle said...

You are amazing... I should run...maybe I could look like you...probably not :). Love the dresses, did you make them?