Friday, October 30, 2009

A little Catch-Up




OK- I've recently decided that instead of making a yearly Shutterfly book, updating my journal once a month AND posting in my blog each week- I'm going to try and use my blog for all 3. This wasy I can print off my blog each year and make it count for everything. SOOO, if there's a bit more rambling and a few more random pictures you don't care to see- SORRY, I'm doing it for my posterity :). WITH THAT SAID- Here are some of the pictures I failed to post this month!


Decorating for Halloween is like Heaven for 3 year olds. I can't wait till Christmas!



Remember Morris?!!! I saw him jumping on our tramp last week. Awesome.




It's always CRAZY TOWN when Daddy gets home. I love it.





Here's Daddy carving his yearly pumpkin. I'm thoroughly impressed with this year's creation- An evil snowman. It looks awesome! He even has stick arms. Sorry, you can't see them in this picture. The girls were so excited to help me clean out the pumpkin. They were even more thrilled to eat the pumpkin seeds the next day. I have to say- they were TASTY! Here's the recipe:


SPICED PUMPKIN SEEDS (I quadrupled the seasoning and baked them for almost 2 hours)
1 1/2 tablespoons margarine, melted
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon garlic salt
2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
3 cups raw whole pumpkin seeds

Preheat oven to 275 degrees F (135 degrees C).
Combine the margarine, salt, garlic salt, Worcestershire sauce and pumpkin seeds. Mix thoroughly and place in shallow baking dish.
Bake for 1 hour, stirring occasionally.











Camryn and Brooklyn are quite the photography team. Last week, Camryn decided to take pictures of some of her favorite things. Brooklyn staged the scene and Camryn snapped the shot. Nic and I didn't even know what they were doing until we saw the pictures later. This one was my favorite. They actually placed the barbies on the table and got them in perfect picture poses.

Here's our wild child. She can crawl faster than I can walk. She loves to stand on her own and she's even taken a few steps. Once she realizes she's walking, she quickly falls on her bum.


3 comments:

ashlan said...

I love the pumpkins I drove past today, way to go nick! I can't believe how big b & c are getting they look so big..I forgot about morris I miss that "puppy"

the fellers said...

I love the pumpkins, how cleaver....your kids are so cute, Scoty loves to take pictures too, and I always have more of his pictures on there than mine...

Cardon Family said...

Way to go Nic! That pumpkin is awesome! And I love that you will be posting more! I love staying caught up with you guys!