Tuesday, October 19, 2010

All grown up


Kendyl has been binky free for 2 weeks! I thought it would be disastrous, but she actually did just fine. I'm the one that misses that little binky face. I know, lame, but I thought it was cute.
And to top off all this big girl stuff, Camryn took it upon herself to potty train Kendyl. It's so funny. She takes Kendyl to the bathroom, takes off her diaper, and instructs her to sit on the potty chair, grip the handles tightly, and...push (the kind of push that includes noises, blood rushing to the head and clenched teeth). Kendyl's been succesful 3 times. After the devil of a time I had potty training the twins, I'm going to allow Camryn to complete her mission of potty training Kendyl. If it takes 2 years....so be it. But I'm happy to be left out of the process :) *Kendyl looks a little rough in this picture. It's a strenuous job! Notice her dum dum from a job well done.

6 comments:

Matt & Katie said...

you better be careful with the dum dums. for how much she loves them, you might end up with puddles all throughout the house so she can get more. and you don't need anymore puddles in the house. cleaning up after nic is more than enough.

Heather & Josh said...

I think that I was more sad to get rid of Maycee's binky than she was too! And I was so stressed out about it and she didn't really even care!

Natalie Smith said...

I am impressed with the binkie transition. I will never committ to a date on letting that thing go! haha Especially, with this baby boy coming. I am a big chicken!

Also, I am liking the idea of having the older siblings take over potty training. It is the prefect solution. :) Way to be the smartest Mommy ever!

Melanie said...

Yea all the way around! The only sad thing here is that it means your babe is growing up.
My mind is just going crazy imagining all of the possibilities of Camryn's newfound talent. She could be the world's greatest potty training consultant, if she is to start at this age. She could have an amazing resume!

Jill Schenk said...

How great can that be, to have Camryn do the dreaded job!!! So happy for you Steff, you endured enough with the twins you deserve the rest this time.

the fellers said...

would you send brooklyn over her to finish the job with Rylee, you DO have two, cant you spare just one??