Sunday, July 17, 2011

Freaks of Nature

I'm a patient person. At least for most of the day. But when 10:30pm hits and my girls are still hollering, "mommy, I need a drink", "mommy, the cd is skipping", "mommy, you forgot to read us a story", etc....that's when I lose it. I've even come to terms with the fact that they're going to sit in bed and sing, chat and play. It's the continuous yelling for me until I'm forced to haul my rearend UP the stairs for the hundredth time that really makes me lose it. 99 times- I can do, but 100- I'm DONE!

Please don't give me advice on how to wear out my kids. Trust me, it doesn't work. These children were boating all day yesterday in the hot sun and didn't get home and into bed until about 10pm. I woke them up bright and early for church this morning. They played outside, rode bikes and danced around all day today. But lo and behold, they claim they're not tired after hanging out in their beds until the wee hours of the night.

I need my adult, personal, kid free time! I've been going to bed at 1am JUST so I can have a couple hours of peace. AHHHHH!

5 comments:

C.LEE said...

Oh my gosh! I was just complaining about this EXACT thing to my husband last night. I swear my kids hate sleep or something. Many nights it takes HOURS to get all three of them to sleep. And when one is finally down for the night another child wakes them up and I have to start ALL over again! I need my own "mommy free time" at night or I go crazy! I totally know where you are coming from on this one!

Melanie said...

You just need to be meaner! Take it from one who is!

Unknown said...

any meaner breaks the law!

Natalie Smith said...

Amen. You answer to demands and requests ALL day and the evening time just pushes the limit. Rylee gets this tone at night that really hits a nerve...
Hang in there.

Daisha said...

i say put one to bed in your room so they can't talk and feed off each other. just move move her after she is asleep! We go through bed time battles too . . . our time out is in the bathroom so I've made that a bedroom at times too!