Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Random Thoughts

*My kids are the perfect ages right now. A cute little baby. A fun little 2 year old that's always saying the funniest things. 2 beautiful kindergartners that are abnormally polite, sweet, obedient and loving. I love these kids so much and I don't want them to grow up and change. Sometimes it makes me want to cry when I look at Kendyl and notice that she's getting bigger.
*I go to the gym each morning. Why? If I really cared about how I looked, I'd probably get ready every day...you know, shower, wash hair, makeup, normal clothes, etc. Maybe the day will come when I'll have time to get ready each day. And when that day comes, I'll be glad I've been working out for all those years!
*If Nic could just get paid for his clever mind, skills, talents, and smarts....we'd be millionaires. Now if I could just find somebody who wants to pay him for pocessing all those gifts.
*I thought you were supposed to get smarter with age? And wasn't I told that I'd have great skin once I was an adult? Myths.
*Is there really nothing better to do each night than plop my booty on the couch and watch TV? I'm bored of this ritual, but hobbies are expensive, instruments are loud and reading wouldn't allow me to interact with my husband. I figure that a couple that laughs together, stays together. We will continue to watch "Modern Family" and "Up All Night".
*Lately, I've heard HORROR stories about peoples' families. How could family members hate eachother and fight all the time? I feel blessed to have such FABULOUS relationships with my family and Nic's family. I'd be happy to entertain vacation invitations from any of them. I know we'd have fun together ;)
*Along those same lines, Nic does most of his work from home and we're together almost nonstop. A lot of people would go crazy in this situation, but I'm happy to say that 8 years into our marriage, Nic and I are still best friends and there's nobody we'd rather hang out with. (I guess I should get his stamp of approval on that statement before posting).
*Sometimes I feel like there may be people in my life that find joy in my failures and inadequacies. If you're one of those people, PLEASE feel free to delete me from your social network. You'd be doing us both a big favor :)
*I call my mom every morning, and do you know what??? She ALWAYS seems like she's excited to talk to me! I usually have nothing to say, but it's nice to feel loved and truly cared about. I hope I can be that kind of mom for my kids. I try to be, but I think I've got a long way to go.
OK. I'm sorry to anyone that actually read all of that, but it was fun to let my mind wander and do something different than just post pictures of my last adventure. And don't worry all you saboteurs out there, with summer coming to an end, my days of play and adventure are about up. Can't wait for the next 8 months of clouds, cold and snow.....hurray.

5 comments:

Jenn said...

Haha, girl I love reading your blog. :) Your kids are so cute and I love hearing about them. I hear you about the gym and not getting ready. I come home from the gym, shower, leave my hair wet, and put on sweats. Someday that will change right? :)

Kamal Thota said...

What a great post! I totally agree with you - wish these kids would stop growing!! BTW - I made the mistake of reading this while listening to Taylor Swift - Never Grow Up! The water works are on : )

Kamal Thota said...

BTW - That last post was from Amber - not Kamal - he isn't quite that sensitive ; )

Paige said...

That was so lovely to read. I love hearing about other women who are going through the exact same things as me! You are an awesome mom and have such cute kids. Thanks for sharing your thoughts.

Natalie Smith said...

I feel the sameway on many of your random thoughts...
Our couch routine is dull but needed. I call my mom daily and we both love it. Weston remains my bff by a landslide.
Life is good. I am happy for you and your families happiness and sucess. :-)