Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Camryn Story


Before I make Camryn look bad, take a look at her fabulous coloring! (I make her enter all the coloring contests in hope to earn some extra cash ;) )
On to the story

Camryn came home from school last week and told me about a scary song they listened to in class that day. She called it the troll song. She kept saying, "my face was getting so red because I was about to cry because it was so scary!!!". She kind of laughed it off....but then got scared when we put her in bed and Nic had to lay by her until she was out.

I told her the next day that if her teacher played this scary song again, she needed to raise her hand and ask to sit in the hall. When Camryn got home from school, she told me that her teacher played the scary song again, but she told the teacher she was scared and she got to sit in the hall with another teacher while it was on. I was proud of her for having the courage to leave during such a scary song.

I got an email from her teacher that afternoon apologizing that Camryn was so scared of the song. It was an exercise for the kids to listen to a song and draw a picture about what the song sounded like. She then told me what the song was. Here I was, judging the teacher for playing scary Halloween songs for these little kids, when all along, my kid is just a flat out WUSS!!! Haha. Cute little Camryn. Here's the song.

Edvard Grieg, "In the Hall of the Mountain"

3 comments:

Natalie Smith said...

Haha bless her sweet spirit...

Admin said...

That Nixon sure is a cutie! He is starting to look a lot like Nic!

Admin said...

P.S. This is Shaunelle. I'm signed in under Ben's work account, obviously.