Friday, January 30, 2009

Day 5



This picture is from day one. It's now day 5 and Kendyl's looking alot better. Here are her currents stats for all those who are keeping tabs. Oxygen is now at a .1 liter. IV has been taken out and she's staying hydrated through breastmilk. Suctioning isn't quite as frequent. She's getting better! She still has a really sore throat from the suction tube and crying so her hoarse cry just breaks my heart. She's been coughing non-stop today, but apparantly that's good for getting all the crud out. All in all, she's starting to do better and now we're hoping to go home at the beginning of next week- we're keeping our fingers crossed. I probably won't update again until we either go home or something groundbreaking happens.

7 comments:

Tom, Beth, and Ainsley said...

Glad to hear she is doing better. I hope you get to take her home soon. Best Wishes, we're thinking of you. I know it must be so hard to see her go through this. You are so strong.

The Parks Fam said...

OHhh I am so glad she is getting better! .1 liters of oxygen is great news!! HOpefully you get to go home soon...Thats no fun sharing a room. We lucked out and got our own room cause the infant floor was soo full that they sent us to another floor so we got very lucky. Good luck and I will definitely keep your little one in our prayers!

the fellers said...

I am glad things are looking up!

Endless Glow by Jenn said...

Thanks for posting the updates. We have been thinking/praying about you the past few days. We are happy to hear she is doing better. We pray you guys get to go home and get back to normal life soon. Best wishes!

THE BRAITHWAITE'S said...

Steffi-poo: So sorry to hear about your little one. It is the worst when babies are sick. Glad that she is starting to feel better.

Good luck and I hope she gets better soon and you can get back to life as normal (as normal as normal is with a newborn and twins!)

Just in case you haven't gone private yet - count me in. brookejh@hotmail.com

Ashley and Brady Brown said...

Stef I saw Tammy today for a brief moment and she mentioned that Kendal has RSV. I felt so bad! As soon as I got home I got on to find out the details and of course, being the great blogger you are, you did! I am really glad to hear that she is doing better though. You are an amazing mother! You truly are someone I look up to. Good luck!

Kacee said...

Oh my gosh!! i am so sorry Steff that you have been going through this! I had no idea, I have kinda been bad at checking blogs. That is so scary but I am glad to hear things are looking up. Take good care of yourself and if you ever need any help with your twins please call... I am just down the street. Oh and as for pics.. I can do them anytime, I can even come to your house if it's easier just let me know :)