Thursday, January 29, 2009

Kendyl Update




Today has been sad. She's actually starting to breath better and her oxygen has been turned down to .8 liters, but now she's spiking fevers. And what do they do when a newborn gets fevers? Apparantly they have to get a urine culture with a catheter, and a blood culture by going in another vein. They just need to rule out the possibility that the fever is stemming from a different, more serious sickness. They said it's probably not though. I've been by her side through everything they've done to her, but I had to leave for this one. I sat in the breastpumping room and cried. I needed that. You can only be tough for so long before you've just got to break down a little. Anyway, she's been eating well and seems more lively, so I'm hoping she's going to follow this trend, I thik she will (knock on wood). Thanks for all the support & prayers!

11 comments:

ashlan said...

I just got done making bows, and have one for Kendyl at your house. A girls got to be cute in every situation right. I hope the day gets better.

Kellie said...

Yuck, I hate when they torture the tiny babies, even if it is for a good reason. Good luck, hand in there. It will get better.

Katie Shaw Merritt said...

Steff- you are so strong! Hang in there. I hope the worst is over, poor Kendyl! Let me know if you need anything!

the fellers said...

uh....I hate that, catheters are the worst! oh man....I am glad you cried, and you are strong...cause I would have been crying this whole time, it is healthy to cry and get it all out....I wish there was more I could do besides pray...

Stephen & Kendra said...

Preston just got released today from the hospital. He was in there since Monday with RSV. That is so hard. Sounds like Kendyl has it worse than he did. I hope everything goes well. I will keep you in my prayers.

The Hilton Family~ said...

Steff~ I am so sorry about little Kendyl. You are so strong. You are in our thoughts and prayers.

Daisha said...

She is so cute even in her misery. Sending our love and best wishes.

davis said...

kendyl and of course your fam made it all the way to the orlando temple prayer roll! love you guys.. hang in there. we are so sorry that you are going through this, wish we were closer to help out.

Endless Glow by Jenn said...

I am sorry to hear Kendyl's been sick with RSV. I hope she gets better soon! Much love!

S and K said...

I'm so sorry your sweet little one is so sick! I hope she continues to get better and that you can have the strength to get through too. She still looks so darling in those pictures even though she isn't feeling well. Good luck with everything. We'll be praying for you guys!

Haywood Family said...

Steff- You are so strong, hang in there. Im so sorry this happened. I remember when Lily got RSV after she was born it was awful. Glad your little one is doing better. Praying for your family. LOL keep us updated okay.