Monday, September 14, 2009

The Longest Year of My Life


Labor Day Weekend 2008- The first day of the hardest year of my life. I know, it sounds so lame, but I kid you not; potty training Camryn & Brooklyn was the reason my sanity and patience went down the toilet this last year. They were 27 months when we began. I was ready to go full force and have them totally potty trained before Kendyl was to be born (early December). As you can see from the picture, they were bribed with toys, treats, you name it. I had timers going, songs playing, celebrations when they were victorious, potty charts, stickers- this was going to be a piece of cake. I was wrong. These girls were NOT ready to be potty trained. For about 9 months, my most commonly used phrase was, "Do you need to go potty?". There were wet panties everywhere I looked. I was patient for a few months- then I started turning green and the hulk came out. It's been hard, but I'm happy to say that they are now 99% potty trained. That 1% accounts for somebody's (I'll protect her identity) frequent bed wetting, and the occasional drippage when someone's waited too long. A year later, they're full time panty wearing chicks. Kendyl might be wearing diapers to school because I don't know if I can ever go through that again!

On a lighter note, here are my big girls on their first day of "preschool". A couple neighbors and I are doing preschool at our houses once a week. Today was the first day at my house. We learned about seasons and it was the CUTEST thing I've ever been a part of. My favorite part was what they all had in their backpacks. Classic.

6 comments:

ashlan said...

Look how cute all those girls are, how fun! Ryker still wets the bed we have tried everything to get through it, but he is day trained as I would call it. I know the hulk feeling I feel it all two often as Im washing sheets 2-4 times a week!

Daisha said...

Wow, I remember coming to town last year the weekend that the potty training started. I hate it to - Tessa asks to go potty and so I'll put her on, but she's not even 2 yet and I'm not interested in it at all!

Macie and I watched Annie this weekend. All I could think about was our cruela devil skit in our younger years!! Does anyone have that on video?

Jocee Bergeson said...

I think I just finished the longest year of my life too. But maybe there's a longer one yet to come. Let's hope not! Potty training Sage was a piece of cake but getting through the first 8 months of Drew's life was KILLER! So we get it easy in some areas and hard in others. I bet potty training Kendyl will be super easy, since you expect it to be hard. Let's hope for your sake. ;)

Jenn said...

Oh you poor thing! Maybe that's a plus of boys, mine were so easy! Your girls are precious though!

the fellers said...

so cute! Who is the little girl in the pink? Wait, maybe they are all wearing pink, but I know your girls, and Kellie's little girl, but who is the other one? We are doing that too with Scoty, Colton and Eric! Fun!

the fellers said...

oh and ps...we have been fighting with Scoty for about 6 months now with the potty training, are you telling me it is going to go on for like another 6 months or more!!?!?! ugh!!!! ;)