Sunday, February 28, 2010

The Big Bedroom Reveal!!!


Camryn & Brooklyn finally outgrew their baby room and got a big girl room. First, we sold all their furniture, next, we got new carpet, then Nic put up some wood panels and a little shelf around their room, and finally....painting! yuck. I basically threw in the towel at that point and let Nic complete the renovation by building C & B a loft bed! It's AMAZING and he worked SO hard on it. He was inspired by one we saw online, then he drew up his own plans, changed the style a bit and went to work. Our garage makes quite the shop. He went at it for about a week and a half and I was just in awe the whole time. He still has to make shelves for the little tower and build a ladder, but besides that, the curtains and a few other little decorations, it's done! I really don't know how he does it. I'm proud of myself if I can put a nail in the wall to hang a picture but this guy's on a whole other level. The girls are in heaven with this new bedroom. They've asked me to publicly give a big shout out to their awesome Dad who loves them more than anything!














18 comments:

Melanie Lutz said...

Love, love, love it! Good job you guys!!!

the fellers said...

ok, that is SOOO Cute!!

youngsters said...

that is adorable! what a craftsman you are nic!

Aves said...

OMGOSH! That is freaking adorable!

Melissa said...

Oh man... that is so adorable!! Do you hire out? I'm sure the girls are on cloud nine!

Cardon Family said...

AMAZING!!! too cute! so who gets the top bunk!?:)

Daisha said...

How incredible is that new set up! Amazing job Nic.

Natalie Smith said...

Seriously Nic has skill! That turned out amazing! That is a little girls dream room!

Tom, Beth, and Ainsley said...

Wow! That is the cutest thing I have ever seen! I can't believe he made that! He is so talented. I am very impressed. I will hire him to be our designer whenever we buy a house. Love it!

Matt & Katie said...

We love the room! The Nana told us you have been hard at work & it looks awesome! Clark men are so handy - we are SO lucky!
I really like your new carpet too!
Are you guys depressed that we are home & not on a cruise? We for sure are! Hopefully they have a horrible time & the weather is cold! Then we can just laugh at them!

Lisa, Andy, Peyton, and Baxter said...

Wow! It looks great! I am so amazed at his craftmanship! What a talent he has. I bet the girls just love it!

britt said...

holy cow...so dang cute. is Nick for hire? so fun!

Unknown said...

LOVE IT! That is awesome!!

Tara said...

Wow! I'm impressed!

Trenholms said...

Pretty incredible...You've got yourself a catch there, Stef! I'm having a hard time just painting a little bookshelf for Jaimason's room. Is there lots of fighting over who gets the top?

The Sumsions said...

What the HECK!! Man, when you said he was making a bed I sure didn't imagine this. Forget love, next time I'm marrying a guy with some serious craftsmanship skills! That is one CUTE room - definitely a big girl room for sure :)

Nathan said...

Great job Nic. That is awesome. I have been planning on making a fun bunk bed for Kye's room and this gives me some good ideas.

Kacee said...

Are you kidding me???? That is the cutest bed I have ever seen! He is hired at my house if he ever does this on the side. So adorable!!!