Saturday, September 18, 2010

LOTOJA 2010

The title of this post is misleading...I did NOT ride this bike race, however, my dad rode it for the 6th time and we were there to cheer him on at the finish line! He did it in about 10hrs 40min. Not bad for an old man!! We made a trip out of it and stopped in Rigby along the way and stayed with my friend Jenny and her 2 boys, Jaxon and Crew. We had lots of fun and even went to Bear World with them the next day.











We headed up to Jackson Hole on Saturday, checked into the hotel, watched the Ohio State Game for a little bit, then hung out in town for a while until it was time to head to the finish line. It's always exciting seeing my dad cross the finish line. Each year I tell myself "I'm going to do it next year"....we'll see if that ever happens. I also decided to do a little photoshoot in the shrubbery next to the finish line. It was somewhat embarrasing, but I liked the backdrop :) I can't decide which picture I like better... and yes, that's slobber on my shoulder.





The next day, we drove down to Soda Springs and had lunch with Grandma & Grandpa Clark. Always a treat. Sue & Wade and their families also came over to visit. Sorry Grandma and Grandpa Schenk, you were going to be our next stop but we volunteered to rush Wade to the Salt Lake Airport and didn't have an extra second. Anyway, we enjoy our yearly tradition of road trippin to Jackson and hopefully we can keep it up until my dad gives up this insane sport. I'm sure my kids will be grown and out of the house by then.

5 comments:

Derek and Kelli said...

Cute pictures Steff....you are one hot mama!!!!

Natalie Smith said...

Super cute family picture! I love the back drop and I love the first picture of the two just a bit more! (That's just me!!!) I miss Jackson hole!

Jill Schenk said...

So glad you can keep up with fun things in your life. Your Dad is great!! Glad you were thinking of stopping in to see us. Maybe next time. Keep up the great pics. Love to see them every week. XOXO Grandma S

the fellers said...

how fun! one day I will take my kids to bear world...driven by it a million times, but never been....when we got back to visit sexy rexy I will have to take the kiddos!

Briggs Brats said...

IN Rigby huh??