Friday, November 26, 2010

Kendyl's Wound

We knew something was wrong when we heard an extra loud "bonk" coming from the basement stairwell. My poor baby hit her eye on the ledge by the stairs and ended up with quite the gash. Luckily, she only cried for a minute. My neighbor, Kellie came over and got the twins so Nic and I could run Kendyl up to my dad's office. He was between surgeries, so we were lucky to snag him for a few minutes. He debated giving her stitches, but decided on dermabond and steristrips after observing how much this child can wiggle. She's pulled the strips off 3 times so far and we've had to re-glue and re-steristip. Maybe we should have just gotten the dang stitches. Hind sight. We're definitely THANKFUL to have Dr. Sellers in our family!



6 comments:

aclark said...

How sad! Poor little thing!

Matt & Katie said...

How Sad :( Now Kendyl & Averi can have matching scars. The only difference is that I gave Averi her's. Thank heavens for Dr. Sellers! He seriously is the best!

Cardon Family said...

sad:(....But you are right, I am sure Dr. Sellers comes in handy!!! and I would be thankful for that too!:)

Natalie Smith said...

Your Daddy totally saves the day! What a blessing is right!
Poor lil' girl...

Jill Schenk said...

So now I'm wondering if the strips worked after being pulled off so many times, or did you have to do the stitch thing? Sorry it happened to such a pretty little thing.

The Reel Fisch Story said...

Well I found your blog from facebook - so I'm warning you I'll probably stalk you now;) awe she looks so sad! Poor little girl! - cute blog!