Friday, November 19, 2010

The Nana Visit

Nana was here last week and she was definitely kept busy!! Brooklyn came up with a "To Do" List while Nana was here. The list included, but was not limited to: have a party, make cookies, swim at the rec center, read stories, have a movie night, go to the toy store, go shoe shopping...and I think that's all I can make out of her picture :)


We had a surprise party for Grandpa Schenk on Nana's first day here. All of Grandpa and Grandma's children were there, and most of their grand children and great grand children! It's always wild and fun getting together with all the Schenks. There are definitely PLENTY of little girls for my kids to play with.




Nana took the twins to Idaho with her for a couple nights and naturally, they were in heaven. Kendyl was a little lost without her sisters however...I feel for you parents who have one toddler they "get" to play barbies and cars with all day long. It was nice to have some alone time with my baby though :)



We rented "Toy Story 3" for movie night. Seriously, a tear jerker.



Nana didn't get a moment of privacy with these 3 following her around! Here they are watching Nana do her hair!


We joined Holly and her kids at Discovery one day. The kids put on quite the production on the little stage!






We put up our basement tree. I know, I know...it's too early. But like I said, BASEMENT tree. The upstairs is adorned with pumpkins and leaves :)




And here's Brooklyn...all dressed up for Nana!


Thanks for taking a week off to play with us and spoil us Nana! It's always a treat to have you!

2 comments:

aclark said...

How fun! Wish I could have been there. Also if you think you can wait til christmas we can do your hair then. If not there are people I can recommend or I'm sure you know some. You could always just have a few highlights done in the front to get you by til christmas. Just some thoughts.

Melanie said...

Thanks so much for letting me come. I had a most fabulous time. Love being there. Are you headed to see 'Tangled' tomorrow? Happy Thanksgiving!
Love you all,
The Nana