Thursday, April 14, 2011

Viva Las Vegas!

My friend, Natalie, and I went to Vegas for a few days last week! It was a MUCH needed getaway. We went last year and decided it should be a tradition. This year was nice because we flew...I could BARELY sit through the one hour flight, so driving was out of the question. We got a great vacation package through Southwest and were able to stay at the Aria for the 3 nights. Our room was amazing...and we were STOKED about sharing a King size bed ;) Highlights of our trip were:
Laying out at the pool.
*I've chosen NOT to post the picture of my sad body laying by the pool. Yikes.
Eating dinner at Serendipity



Using gift cards to go to the movies and get lots of treats

Singing "Dancing Queen" at an outdoor karaoke bar on the strip. (They required you to have a drink in order to sing. Nat bought me an apple juice :) )


Trying on wigs




Eating at Maggianos


Seeing "Elvis: Cirque Du Soleil" at the Aria. We were a minute late and when the usher walked us in, someone was in our seats! It must have been our lucky day because she ushered us right up to the 6th row and put us in the best seats in the house! Yippee!!! The show was wonderful. Elvis was definitely a looker back in the day.



Gambling away all of our money ;) $3..


Sitting in the hot tub when the wind made laying out unbearable. I got same nasty looks from strangers. Come on people, I think I can figure out when my body has overheated. I am not going to cook my child :)

Walking through the Bellagio a million times (our hotel tram only went that far) and LOVING the displays.







Thanks Dawg for a wonderful trip! April 2012 will be here before we know it! ;)

3 comments:

Matt & Katie said...

That sounds like a great tradition to me! I'm depressed hearing you say you could barely make it a 1 hour flight. I'm headed for 6 right now. What have I done to myself? Too late now I guess! Hopefully we get to see you guys!

Natalie Smith said...

I love maggianos. Especially, pregnant :)

What a great weekend.

Endless Glow by Jenn said...

That is so fun! Trips with besties are so fun! That is such a neat tradition!