Sunday, May 22, 2011

Nixon's Arrival






























I was induced on Wednesday, May 18th. My attempts to bring on labor myself by jumping on the tramp, boating, snowmobiling, etc., etc., failed. I got to LDS hospital at 8AM and was immediately "hooked up" to everything. The epidural was PAINFUL! Somehow, the anesthesiologist hit a nerve that went straight to my right foot...it about sent me through the roof. Anyway, I got through that and soon after had my water broken. I have a history of going FAST at this point...this time was different. My doctor had to drive back and forth from his Bountiful office to LDS Hospital 2 different times in hopes to deliver our baby. Nixon was just a little too high. Finally, on attempt number 3 of my series of pushing, Nixon was ready and practically flew out after half a push. It was 5:24pm. Our families had been waiting at the hospital for over an hour...seeing as we all thought he'd be born hours earlier. Needless to say, it was pure excitement when we all heard the crying. When Camryn heard him crying from the hallway she said, "I think he's a wild one". Haha. I'm missing a few pictures of some of our visitors :( Ashley, Dani, Holly, Clark, Ella and Owen also welcomed Nixon at the hospital!

I was able to go home the next night. I felt great and Nixon was doing well...we were ready to get out of there! The girls had spent the previous couple days/nights with Ashley and Nana, then Grandma/pa Sellers. They had a blast, but couldn't wait to be with baby brother. Unfortunately, Kendyl caught a cold the day Nixon was born, so she hasn't been allowed to get close to him. It breaks my heart to tell her "no", but I'm trying to avoid going BACK to the hospital. Needless to say, she's been acting out a bit and definitely tyring our patience. Nana left this morning and we're already missing the help. Today was LONG. Luckily, Grandma lives right up the hill :) Grandma and Nana have been GREAT help this last week. They're both FABULOUS!

I have no complaints about baby Nixon. He's been perfect. He came out ready to eat and has been a fabulous eater ever since. He sleeps 4 hours at a time during the night and goes right back to sleep after nursing. He's only 4 days old so obviously, he sleeps all day. I hesitate to write any of this because I may be jinxing myself. If I don't post for a month....his habits have most likely changed for the worse! I'm a little worried that he may have reflux because I hear his tummy rumble and see him gagging alot. He's puked on me a couple times. Poor little guy. I'm praying it doesn't get worse. Well it's off to bed for me, Nixon's got a little 'procedure' in the morning that we don't want to be late to!

11 comments:

Erin said...

He is absolutely adorable. Congratulations. I Hope I look as beautiful as you Before And After when we have our little guy. :)

Daisha said...

Oh my goodness he is so cute!!

Matt & Katie said...

He is SOOO cute! Hope everything is still going good! sorry Kendyl got sick & hope Nixon's tummy feels better & his "procedure" goes good.

Tom, Beth, and Ainsley said...

Congrats! He is adorable! So cute, I'm so happy for you!

Kamal and Amber said...

What a cute! Glad all went well and that he is finally here. Hope he continues to be a great sleeper for you : )

Natalie Smith said...

He is cutest lil guy. I am glad you are all doing so well. I am jealous your girls took such vute pictures holding their brother...rylee is the worst haha. Congrats to the whole family.

Melissa said...

Oh that epidural hitting that nerve makes me cringe!!! He is adorable and looks just like a manly version of your girls :) Oh I love his sweetness!!

Derek and Kelli said...

Nixon is the cutest little boy!!!! I can't believe how much he looks like Camryn and Brooklyn. At least I think he does!!! Thanks for letting us stop in.....I'm surely going to miss your whole family!!!!! Makes me sad :( Steff....how do you stay so beautiful?

the fellers said...

Stef!! He is just beautiful!!! Please...let me take your kids one day for a play date!!

Endless Glow by Jenn said...

Congrats! He is cute. It must be so fun to have a little boy after all those cute girls. Enjoy your little man!

jsfeatherstone said...

He is beautiful Steff! What a sweet little boy with a perfect face. I couldn't be more happy for you guys! Loved all the pics...especially of your girls holding him. That stinks about Kendyl getting sick....perfect timing...it always seems to work out that way!