Monday, May 2, 2011

Another Bedroom Makeover!

Remember this room?

It's Kendyl's room. Unfortunately, we've got a bedroom shortage on our hands with a new baby coming. I suppose we have a bedroom in the basement, but we've converted it into a playroom and there's no way I could disband that. So Kendyl's about to get a new roommate.

Anyway, it all started with putting Kendyl in the dreaded "big girl bed". I tried to put it off as long as I could, but it was time. I'm happy to report, she's been in the bed for a couple weeks so far and hasn't dared get out of it ONCE! Naps and all! What a relief. To top off all this big girl stuff, she's now wearing panties to bed also. She's not about to let her big sisters leave her in the dust :)

Obviously a remodel was in order. Nic's view was "who cares, the baby won't care if he's in a pink bed". but.....he wasn't too hard to convince otherwise. So here it is, the gender-neutral hippo bedroom. The twin bed frame is probably 30 years old and each of the Sellers children had their turn with it. I called dibs on it a while back :) The paint job was a joint effort (obviously Nic did a bit more then I did). And for the record, I almost cried when we painted over her cute pink walls and the cute little flowers with white paint. My mom and I created the valance together. I will miss the cute little neapolitan bedroom, but this one is super cute too...very different! I'm glad it's all done. I'm ready to be project-free and just relax for the next couple weeks. Ya right, who am I kidding with these 3 maniacs running around :)


4 comments:

Natalie Smith said...

I would hate to cover that pink paradise too! But...the new room is perfect. It is really cute! I am glad you are project free and ready for baby. Try to enjoy...

Meg said...

I love it Steph, very cute. You guy's are way to handy around the house. SO what are the tricks to getting your little on to stay in their big girl/boy bed.

Matt-n-Kate said...

That looks so great! You guys are way too good! I love how it looks & its perfect for both of them. Hope you are feeling "ok". I've hit the uncomfortable wall & I'm so done!

Jill Schenk said...

We have such talented grandkids, what great jobs you've done with the "new ones" rooms. Our kids were all so deprived as they grew up. No cute rooms for them. XOXO