Thursday, June 14, 2012

The Highland Games

For the record, Nic just told me, "Please don't make me sound better than I really am." I told him I would just report the facts :) This was QUITE the event! I never thought I'd see my husband in a skirt/kilt, but I'm SO glad I did :) One of his buddies at the gym told him about the Highland Games a couple months ago and Nic thought it sounded pretty cool. He got in touch with the Highland Games God, or so it seemed when Nic got to his house and he had an entire course in his backyard. This man has made quite the name for himself in the Highland Games World. This was the ONE day Nic prepared for the games, but I'm pretty sure he impressed this guy when he threw the weight RIGHT through the side of this guy's barn. Nic was embarrased, but the guy just laughed. He did NOT think Nic could throw the weight that far! Anyway, Nic did GREAT at the games and earned 2nd place in his class! He has a sweet sword to prove it :) He got first in "Weight over Bar" (see video). He beat 9 other guys who have all been doing this for a few years. My favorite event was the Sheaf Toss (see video). Overall, it was a fun, long, windy day. The kids and I had fun cheering on Nic. Tammy & Britten came too. Nic is already getting pumped about the next Highland Games event coming up in a few weeks. Who knew he would turn Scotish on me!? (youtube video "Nic WINS weight over bar at Highland Games", "Nic does the Sheaf Toss")

1 comment:

Melanie said...

Fun stuff! Atta boy, Nic! Great job.