Sunday, June 24, 2012

Huntsman 140

Dad did a 5 day bike race last week. It started in Wendover with a group of about 12 men, and ended at the Huntsman Cancer Institute in Salt Lake with a couple hundred people! The final day of the ride is 140 miles, which is when all the other people join in. The purpose of this ride? To honor and raise money for those who've been affected by this horrible disease. Our family has definitely been affected. One hill they road was in memory of Bryce and my Grandpa who both lost their lives from cancer. My mom drove SLOWLY behind the group all week. She's quite the trooper. It was a very emotional scene as we all stood at the finish line waiting for the pack of riders to cross the line. There were 2 kids that crossed the line first, both cancer kids. It was especially emotional to see Tammy give my Dad a big hug at the end. We'll always love our B-Town and it means so much to be able to honor and remember him whenever we can! Great job Dad    (youtube video Huntsman 140) After the race, we all met at the Mueller Park canyon to roast hotdogs and have a little Father's Day celebration. It was alot of fun. We need to go there more. I know I've said it before, but seriously, how in the WORLD did I get so lucky to have the dad that I do,the husband that I do, and the father-in-law that I do. They are all strong, smart, fun, loving, incredible men who I love with all my heart!

No comments: