Thursday, January 31, 2013

B's Spelling Bee

This little smarty pants gives me so many reasons to be a proud mama!  On this particular day, I was proud of a few things.  First, she won her in-class spelling bee and got to compete in the school spelling bee!  She did so well in the school Bee and knew EVERY word on her study list.  And seriously, 'encyclopedia', 'conscience', there were some hard words!!  She made it pretty far but accidentally missed an 'i' in the word 'invisible'.  I was one of the judges and my heart just broke when I heard the mistake.  But here's the best part.  She was handed a treat as she walked off the stage.  She walked over to where Nic, Kendyl and Nixon were sitting and gave the babes her little treat.  She has a heart of gold and I could learn a thing or two from her.

1 comment:

Melanie said...

What adorable, smart, talented, sweet kids you have. The Mom and Dad are pretty special too, guess that's why Heavenly Father blessed you with such special kids. XOXO Gma