Thursday, September 26, 2013

The Zoo...and a head injury

We managed to squeeze in a visit to the zoo right before school started.  There were so many new animals and exhibits and the kids were pumped.  At one point, Nixter was a little too pumped as he ran back and forth, trying to follow the Polar Bears as they swam around.  He ended up running right into a man's legs and went down hard...right onto his head.  You could hear the thud on the cement and I knew it was bad.  I picked him up and he was bawling....then seconds later....he stopped crying and passed out on my shoulder.  I yelled at him to wake up and tried to shake him awake.  He came to...started crying again....then passed out again.  Not cool.  My mom FREAKED and called 911.  I actually managed to stay somewhat calm and was able to keep jerking him awake.  A man nearby was a doctor and  tried to help.  By this point, it had been a couple minutes and I think Nixon was more alert...but just scared.  We did some little tests on him and determined that we should just watch him closely during the day and make sure he didn't take a nap.  My mom assured the ambulance that it didn't need to come ;)  My mom bought him this polar bear since it seemed to cheer him up when he was freaking out.  It's his new favorite stuffed animal...and he very appropriately named it....ANIMAL!!!  Poor Nixon baby.  He's ok now though.

1 comment:

Natalie Smith said...

scary story. and the polar bear purchase was a great idea! :)