Thursday, November 5, 2009

Frenectomy


Yesterday was Baby Kendyl's surgery! She was tongue tied (when the string that holds your tongue down is attached clear up to the tip). She was pumped before the surgery, but felt pretty awful afterward. It was actually a really quick surgery, but she was hurting and crying for a couple hours afterwards...It was sad. PLUS, it didn't help that after I FINALLY got her to sleep for her nap, the nearby refinery exploded and shook the whole house! It scared the you-know-what out of me and I RAN upstairs to rescue Kendyl. I was sure the roof had collapsed. After getting the 3 girls outside, we saw other neighbors looking over at the smoke and flames coming from the refinery. It was freaky and made big news. Thankfully, Kendyl went back down ok :) Dang refinery. I've also included a before picture of Kendyl sticking out her tongue. You can see how the tip makes a 'V' shape...that's a dead give away for a tongue-tied kiddo.





9 comments:

Daisha said...

I was wondering if that was what it was. Macie, Dominic, and Tessa all were tounge tied, but Claire somehow missed that gene. Macie had hers clipped when she was a newborn in the hospital. The drs in portland refused to do it for Dom and Tessa. Dominic got lucky and when he got his ear tubes when he was 17 months we asked the ENT to do it and they did. Tessa's actually hasn't be clipped yet . . . Cole will do it sometime or maybe I'll ask the drs here. Kendyl looks darling in her hospital gown. Crazy about the refinery!!

Natalie Smith said...

Steff...She is such a doll! I am glad everything went well.

Derek and Kelli said...

Kendyl is so cute!!! I'm glad she's doing well.

Matt & Katie said...

I feel like crying. That little babe in a big hospital bed with a gown on. I'm glad everything went good though! I love her!

Aves said...

I am so glad it went well and she is feeling better! What a brave little thing in that big hospital bed!! She is just too cute!!!

Trenholms said...

It's hard to see your baby in a hospital bed, even if it's just a small little surgery. She looks darling, as always, though! Your kids are the spitting image of you...especially Kendyl, I think.

Wilder Family said...

I don't know why, but her in that hospital gown is probably one of the cutest things ever! Hope she is feeling all better.

michelle said...

It's sad to say she looks so cute in her little hospital gown! Hope Kendyl is recovering well!

the fellers said...

I am glad she is ok! I am sorry that the refinery scared you half to death, I am glad I wasnt here, cause I am sure I would have been freaked right out!