Monday, June 6, 2011

SPIDER




So here's the set up. Kendyl is in bed, she was sick all night and about to wake up. Camryn and Brooklyn are down stairs with Nixon. Nic is at the gym. I'm stepping out of the shower...and see it. The spider was walking on the wall above my bed. He's HUGE and scary. I don't dare let that thing leave my site. I call Nic, he tells me to hit it with a broom. I RUN downstairs (1 week postpartum), get the broom, and RUN back to my room. He's gone. NOOO!!! Is he on my pillow? The floor? I panic. I stand there and wait for him to show up....Kendyl wakes up. She smells like illness and I chuck her in the tub. I get Nixon from Camryn and make her sit by the tub with Kendyl. I'm back in my room....searching....then I see him crawling on my mirror. I gag. After what seems like an hour, he finally makes his way to the wall and I hit him with the broom twice. Apparantly this guy is made of steel and he leaps to the floor. I scream....and scare my children. I seriously think I'm starting to hyperventilate once I realize he's lost in my carpet. I call Nic and tell him he MUST come home IMMEDIATELY. (I've already tried calling my sister and my neighbor for help). He unhappily comes home. To summarize the rest, our room gets torn apart as we search for the spider. We can't find him. Nic buys a spider bomb and when he comes home with it, he finds the spider in the corner of the room ALIVE. He kills it with a hanger. Puke. He still set off 3 bombs in the house before we left that day. Yep, we're a bunch of paranoid babies.

7 comments:

Daisha said...

Sounds exactly like my response to the cockroach we had!! That looks like a nasty spider.

Melanie said...

I am glad that Nic was able to conquer that thing!

Kellie said...

AWESOME!!! Now I know what to do if you ever put up a for sale sign.

Melanie said...

By the way. I should tell you that I think a vacuum cleaner works better than a broom! I have always had to go running for the vacuum. Just make sure to leave it running for a few minutes to keep the dust particles churning so that the spider suffocates and can't come crawling back out. Or... Grandma Jill says that after she sucks up the victims she then vacuums a kleenex to keep the flies or spiders from flying/crawling back to horrify us some more!

Trenholms said...

Haha, funny story. Be sure to check our blog soon for our "funny" story. It involves a shovel, a car, and....a 6 foot venomous snake!

Natalie Smith said...

Haha...nic is the man. Hate those aweful intruders...

Amy said...

Yikes! I used to be seriously arachnophobic. This story sounds similar to the first year or two of our marriage. But Scott has forced me to get over it because he refused to kill ANYTHING, even spiders. He tries to "rescue" them and transport them outside. This has resulted in many spiders excaping into the confines of cracks, never to be seen again (and hence, the possibility of arriving on my face in the middle of the night). Now, when I see a spider, I have to take care of business myself before he attempts an altruistic rescue on the nasty creature. I find that a huge wad of toilet paper (to make sure I can't feel the crunch) or a shoe works the best.

By the way, I LOVE Nixon--he is so precious! It was so nice to see you guys!