Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Christmas!








Disclaimer *I can't make a decision to save my life, hence, the over abundance of pictures. How can I choose which ones to post when I have hundreds of awesome pictures from EVERYONES cameras?!* This is why I dread my Christmas post ;) This year we were able to go to Eden with Nic's family. It started off with a BANG when all the Clarks came for the annual Clark Christmas party. There was great food, great laughs, white elephant and of course, the pinata! I'm still mad at myself for not forcing Kendyl to steal the GIANT bag of sour patch watermelons, but we ended up with an interesting loot :) It was especially fun to watch Kendyl open her little mittens from Grandma and Grandpa Clark, and keep them on for the next 24 hours. She wore them to bed every night until I finally put them away.... I'm mean. The highlight of the party was when the kids spotted Santa outside, leaving bags of coal for Wade and Lyle. Brooklyn was a bit concerned that Santa was leaving coal, but we explained that Santa can be a bit of a prankster ;)










We woke up the next morning and had a ZUMBA class in the basement with all the ladies. It was so fun to teach some of my FAVORITE ladies! Notice Camryn in the picture. She does Zumba with me EVERY DAY. She has every song memorized and loves to teach with me. She even taught her cousins one day.





Did I forget to mention that we ate at our favorite BBQ restaurant in Huntsville the night we got there? It was fun to have the whole family together.





On Christmas Eve, we took the snowmobiles into the mountains (we had to drive a ways to find stow) and went sledding. We had lots of fun and the kids were pumped.












That evening, Grandma & Grandpa Schenk came over for lobster/steak dinner. Afterwards, the kids acted out the Luke 2 story, opened their new robes and slippers, and sprinkled reindeer food out on the lawn.












The twins aren't the best at displaying their true excitement when opening presents...which is a bit of a bummer. Kendyl was great though. Averi is by far the best present opener and we were sad not to have her there. It was fun opening presents on Christmas morning. The twins have been waiting and waiting to give us their school artwork that they had wrapped so perfectly. It was adorable, and we were PUMPED to finally open it. Our big present from Lyle and Melanie is a FAMILY CRUISE to the Caribbean in April. We're already counting down the days.














I painted my old American Doll wardrobe and gave it to the girls. They've had fun filling it with all their Bitty Twin clothes.



Notice the lamp in this picture (I realize it's bright and hard to see). Camryn asked for a lamp for Christmas to put by her bed. She chose to eat dinner at her own table with her lamp on Christmas night. Now she uses it every night so she can read in bed.




Other highlights were: going to Sherlock Holmes. Watching the 3 cute babies steal eachothers' toys. Eating more treats than any human should consume in a month. Playing "Just Dance 3". Staying up late and talking.









3 comments:

aclark said...

You did it!! The Christmas post is tricky , I haven't even narrated mine yet. It was an awesome Christmas for the nelson's and we had a blast hanging out with our favorite people eating our favorite food and doing some of our favorite activities, I have people ask me all the time to see if they can join.

Natalie Smith said...

Looks like a great holiday season for your family! There are so many cute picture of those precious kids of yours! Beautiful family!

Melanie said...

Sooooo very glad to be part of the family fun! Christmas is enriched by family togetherness!