Saturday, March 21, 2009

Carseat Cover



Ok Folks. Every time I turn around, someone is asking me about this carseat cover. My mom bought this for me for Christmas and it's so great! It's also super easy to make and should not be purchased if you have access to some material and a sewing maching....seriously....save yourself the $50. So if you have a baby and want to keep her/him covered up, you will need these supplies to create this little gem.
2 pieces of fabric (1 yard each)
2 pieces of velcro
thread
bows (if you want to be fancy).
This cover was surged together, but you can sew it inside out if you don't have a fancy machine. The little hooks are 2"x9". YOu can see from the picture where those need to be placed. The whole cover is 40"x 35", so use the extra material for the hooks. Seriously, you shouldn't need a whole lot more info than that. It's VERY basic and the pictures will probably do most of the explaining. Let me know if you decide to make one and what you think! Happy Sewing!


3 comments:

Natalie and Spencer said...

I am so excited- I am finally getting a sewing machine. Mother is getting me one for my b-day!! Yay! Now I just need to figure out how to use it and make cute things!

ashlan said...

Its cool you are sick of me calling you ever five minutes and asking the same question since my brain doesn't remeber anything.
I love how the one I made for my sil turned out. Thanks! fyi: rick rack is not the easiest to use with it.

michelle said...

Thanks for sharing! I am so getting my sister to make me one for the new baby!