Saturday, November 5, 2011

The Table & Chairs!




It's finished! A lot of blood, sweat and tears went into this dining set;). Nic caved and helped (a lot) with the chairs so they could be done in time for a baby shower I had at my house today. That's why he got to be the first one to sit at the table and eat a bowl of cereal ;) I NEVER want to sand, paint or stain ANYTHING again! Haha. I actually have 1 chair left...so I guess my "never again" will only last until Monday :) I sold my old 4 chairs for $40 on KSL and bought these 6 at DI for $36. Woohoo! A lot of hours went into this project, but it was super cheap, and I'm pretty excited about it :)

5 comments:

Daisha said...

It looks awesome Steff!! I am very ready to be done with our 30 yr old kitchen table that my parents bought when Justin was a baby. You've inspired me to maybe tackle a table project of my own . . . maybe :)

Melanie said...

You guys have a corner on TALENT! Fabulous!

Nicole Stucki said...

You are way more ambitious than me! Lol. It looks AMAZING Steff!!!! I seriously love it.

Terri @ Creative Eyedias said...

I have the same exact table (and only 3 chairs) that were given to me years ago. They were this whitewashed stuff that had worn off most places. I decided this weekend to refinish it. I don't know what happened, but the stain would not take in most of the grain of the wood. I ended up piling on the stain and letting it dry, then sanding it and the grain is still really really crazy looking. I wanted the top to turn out like yours! I sanded a lot, but maybe not enough? Anyway, yours looks AWESOME. Great job!

Home Stars said...

beautiful. thanks for posting them.
Farmhouse Dining Table And Chairs
Kitchen Tables On Sale
Best Furniture Stores In Denver